Thursday 18 November 2010

Day 3

Good evening from super clean, super orderly, super polite, and super strange Tokyo.
Public toilets are incredible, fancy a warm seat? a choice of sound effects to mask the sounds you make? and for those of us with a germ phobia ( you know who you are) everything is motion sensored, so there's no need to touch anything, well, nearly. Below is a sign outside the public toilets in Yoyogi Park today.





And this is Yoyogi Park, the big autumn display is now on the floor!




Beautiful park. Yoyogi is famous for cool and unusual youth gatherings. There wasn't much happening today, apart from this....


They'd just finished shooting a music video when I stumbled upon them....nice sock heel combo! Possible to live where?

There was also a man strolling with a cat on his shoulder...


And a young man hanging out with the words Love Trash on his hat.



I love it here. There's a surprise around every corner.

I walked to Shibuya crossing, which is probably one of the most exciting and intense experiences of crossing a road I've ever had. I don't think this video does it justice really, you need to be in it to feel the intensity, but take a look.Oh, and check out the girl at the end of the video, what's going on there???


While I was taking photos by the crossing a group of girls approached me and asked if I'd take their photo, which I did naturally. They thanked me with many bows, and then congratulated me on the engagement of Prince William and Catty!! I thanked them on behalf of the Prince, Catty, his family, her family and the U.K. Below is the group of girls...nice poncho.

I saw this lovely old man walking towards the crossing.
And this smiler on a billboard.
And this snoozer on the subway...o

That's it from Tokyo today.

















No comments:

Post a Comment