Sunday 21 November 2010

Day 6


Hello everyone,

It's my last day in Tokyo before I travel on the bullet train to Ofunato to meet Dr Yukimi Uchide, Robert ( my interpreter ) and the Kesen Boche Ichiza theatre company tomorrow.

So in a fitting farewell to Tokyo I went to Harajuku to see if I could find myself a bunch of cosplayers! Cosplayers are youths with a fondness for Japanese bands or anime and manga characters, and on a Sunday they dress up and hang out in Harajuku.

I was told by a lad near Harajuku metro that there were not many youths on show today. I was a little bit gutted. But I waited around, and then lo and behold....


It was incredible to see older people playing! I love Mr Red.










I then found myself following a few cosplayers down the road and into one of the busiest streets I've ever come across!! Takeshita street!



A great day.

I'm looking forward to meeting Dr Uchide tomorrow, and very excited about the bullet train. For all you train buffs, I'll take some pictures!

Hope you've enjoyed the Tokyo leg of my journey, I feel like I've only skimmed the surface of this bubbling metropolis, but I've loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment