Wednesday 17 November 2010

Tokyo Day 1 and 2

Hello and welcome to Tokyo!

My first encounter with a local was on the subway train heading for my hotel. Shattered from the flight, with my head swimming with a thousand subway stations I slumped into a seat. An elderly lady wanted to sit down next to me, so I moved my big case so she had room to sit down. She smiled and bowed, I smiled and bowed, she smiled and bowed again, I smiled and bowed again, she bowed, I gestured to the seat, come on lady, you need to sit down now! How wonderful, and fitting! I'm loving the bows.

Once I'd dropped my bags at the hotel, I ventured up the road, and came across this...not bad.


My first proper meal - a kogashi-miso ramen, a strange black soup with noodles, it looks like an oil disaster, but I tell you now, it was the best ramen I've ever tasted.


Here is a view over the city from the Tokyo City View in Roppongi Hills.




There is so much to see and do. Tokyo feels safe, silly and epic.
Sayonara for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment